Mon Grimoire Index du Forum

Mon Grimoire Index du ForumFAQRechercherS’enregistrerConnexion

Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love

Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Mon Grimoire Index du Forum -> L'antre des loisirs -> Musique
Sujet précédent :: Sujet suivant  
Auteur Message
JoeClark
Fantôme

Masculin

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Oct - 13:30 (2017)    Sujet du message: Childish Gambino - Awaken, My Love Répondre en citant

Look, this is something new for me. I've never listened to this kind of music. I stumbled upon this album while I was scrolling into youtube for new calming songs to listen to. I’m not going to pretend that I am a musical expert, but the least I can do is to distinguish good from bad music.

So let’s get rollin’. 

The first song of this album is called Me and Your Mama. It’s a really strange track. It starts very innocent with music from the musical boxes we all loved when we were little kids. But, suddenly, this rhythm changes quite drasticly and music grows darker with a heavy, but not overpowering bass adding itself in the song. And then the tempo changes again and the song becomes some sort of rap gospel thingy, which was beyond me at first. And then the real shocker for me was the howling that followed. It somehow connected the thick bass and rap gospel thing together. Crazy start, but let’s see what follows.

At the next track, Have Some Love, the rap was contained into a very compact form with no heavy bassline and glaring production flows. I really like the melody in this and how it flows calm like a calm river in a hot summer day. Gambino really does marvels with clever usage of rap and gospel.

I’m not going into detail about all of the songs. I’m just going to say a couple of things about them. 
Boogieman, Zombies, Riot, Terrified and Baby Boy were all excellent tracks. The psychedelic style of music really suits those songs perfectly. As for lyrics, I’m giving the edge to Riot as it was the best in that department. 

For more you can check
installation video
Publicité

MessagePosté le: Ven 27 Oct - 13:30 (2017)    Sujet du message: Publicité

PublicitéSupprimer les publicités ?
Poster un nouveau sujet   Répondre au sujet    Mon Grimoire Index du Forum -> L'antre des loisirs -> Musique Toutes les heures sont au format GMT + 2 Heures
Page 1 sur 1

Sauter vers:  

Index | creer un forum | Forum gratuit d’entraide | Annuaire des forums gratuits | Signaler une violation | Conditions générales d'utilisation
Template lost-kingdom_Tolede created by larme d'ange